Summer Solstice – Alban Hefin
Solar System: Sun
Time of Day: Midday
Colors: Blue, Gold, Green Red
Trees: Beech, Elder, Holly, Laurel, Linden, Oak
Misc Plants: Galangal, Mistletoe, Saffron
Garden: Chamomile, heather, Heliotrope, Lavender, St. John’s Wort, Vervain
Gemstones & Minerals: Diamond, Emerald, Jade, Lapis Lazuli, Tiger’s Eye
Goddesses: Amaterasu, Phoebe
Gods: Apollo, Balder, the Dagda, the Green Man, Helios, Jupiter, Loki, Lugh, Mithras, Ra, Surya, Thor, Zeus
Animals: Cattle, Horse
Birds: Goldfinch, Kingfisher, Meadowlark, owl, Robin, Wren
Marine Life: Crab, Octopus
Intentions: agriculture, changes, divination, endings, fertility, life, light, manifestation, power, purpose, strength, success, unity
Litha, also known as the Summer Solstice, is a significant time in Green Witchcraft that celebrates the peak of the sun’s power and the abundance of nature. Here’s a glimpse of how you can honor and celebrate Litha:
1. Sun and Fire Rituals: Litha is all about embracing the energy of the sun. Start your day by greeting the rising sun and spend time outdoors, soaking in its warm rays. Create a bonfire or light a candle to honor the element of fire, symbolizing the sun’s power and transformation.
2. Nature Connection: Connect with the vibrant energy of nature during Litha. Take a walk in the woods, visit a garden, or simply sit in a park to immerse yourself in the beauty of the natural world. Pay attention to the abundance of summer and the blooming flowers, expressing gratitude for the Earth’s bountiful gifts.
3. Midsummer Herb Blessings: Gather fresh herbs such as lavender, rosemary, and chamomile, which are in full bloom during this time. Create a small herb bundle and bless it with your intentions for healing, abundance, and protection. Hang it in your home or place it on your altar as a reminder of the magic of the season.
4. Celebrating the Harvest: Litha marks the beginning of the harvest season. If you have a garden or access to a local farmers market, gather fresh fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Prepare a feast using these seasonal ingredients, giving thanks for the nourishment and sustenance they provide.
5. Divination and Sun Magic: Litha is a powerful time for divination and sun-related magic. Practice divination techniques like tarot, runes, or scrying to gain insight into your path ahead. Perform sun-related spells, focusing on abundance, creativity, and personal growth. Charge crystals and other magical tools in the sun’s energy to amplify their power.
6. Summer Solstice Altar: Create a Summer Solstice altar adorned with symbols of the sun, vibrant flowers, and seasonal fruits. Include items like a sunwheel, solar symbols, seashells, and feathers to represent the elements of fire and air. Place offerings of honey, fresh fruits, or sunflower seeds to honor the season’s blessings.
7. Celebration and Joy: Litha is a time of celebration and joy. Gather with loved ones or like-minded friends to enjoy a picnic or outdoor gathering. Dance, sing, and express your gratitude for the warmth and light that the sun brings into your life. Embrace the energy of laughter, playfulness, and creativity.
Blessed Litha and may the sun’s energy illuminate your journey! 🌞🌿🔥